6/4/14

Oh Canada!



What She Says:

I fell in love with several aspects of Montreal; the old city, the food, the street style, the language (they speak French)!  The women there looked so effortless and chic; the perfect layers for the ever changing weather conditions with minimal makeup and easy hair. 





Dress (J Crew Factory - On sale for $49.50!); Jacket (old - also seen here); Booties (Hudson - purchased at Thread); Necklace (Stella and Dot); Belt (ASOS - old, similar here); "Bonsoir" Bag (Zara - purchased in Montreal)


I was inspired by the look so for our night out, I went with a boot instead of a flat and a leather jacket in place of a sweater or scarf.


What He Says:

"Mon français est terrible" was my go-to line in Montreal.  It at least earned me a laugh as it got locals to address me in broken English.  Montreal is a cool city with a Euro vibe and plenty of opportunities for fun and/or trouble…if you're looking for that kind of thing.  And Allie is right - les habitants are generally more fashionable than their midwest American counterparts, but not in a "trying too hard" kind of way.  I wouldn't encourage you to start snapping unauthorized pics of passers-by, as shown above, but the streets of Montreal will provide ample inspiration for you hosers to develop a casual-yet-trendy look.

No comments:

Post a Comment