5/4/14

Spring?

Trench coat (purchased in Montreal); Top (SW3 - purchased at Thread); Pants (BCBG - purchased for me by Wardrobe Therapy); Shoes (Sole Society - similar here); Necklace (Accessory Concierge)




What She Says:

Those of us in Ohio are begging for Spring to truly begin (hello...snow in April?)  Essential to any Spring wardrobe is a classic trench.  You could really spend as much or as little as you would like on this item (I am totally craving this version).  Whether you decide to go more budget friendly (this one is super chic for only $128!) or high end, this item will never go out of style and will pair just as well with boyfriend jeans and converse as it does will trousers and heels.


What He Says:

Trenchcoats: they're not just for flashers anymore!  I have to admit, I kinda smirked when I read this post.  Allie loves coats…she just hates wearing them.  Every morning, she checks the weather, and if the expected high temperature is over 40 degrees, she assumes that she doesn't need a coat.  Nevermind that the temperature is 26 during the morning commute, which includes a walk of two blocks to her building.  I've completely run out of "I told you so."  Allie just shivers and makes comments like "I checked the weather, and it's supposed to be in the 40s today!"

As for the fashion statement, I endorse it.  A trenchcoat is pretty flattering, particularly when  used to create the short skirt/long jacket look.  I recommend that you actually insert your arms into the sleeves, though.  For a second, I thought Allie had a couple rogue hands stapled to her hips.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I LOOOVE that "budget friendly" trench!!! But even so, it's still a little out of my price range, but I am definitely going to keep my eyes peeled!!

    I was really impressed to see that Joe had a link to a fashion ensemble! I clicked it to see what jacket/skirt duo he picked and was certainly surprised! Although, I suppose I shouldn't have been!!

    ReplyDelete