3/6/14

Ready for Spring!



Sweater (J.Crew - Old); Skirt (J.Crew Factory - similar, on sale! here); Shoes (purchased for me by Wardrobe Therapy); Necklace (St. Mary's Cross - gifted from Lisa, Megan, and Dena)


What She Says:

I really can't remember a winter this brutal since my college days in South Bend. That was back when snow was a novelty to me after growing up in Oklahoma.  I can officially say that I am over it.  I decided to try and find a way to wear my new Spring pencil skirt that has been hanging in the closet for a few months…mocking me.  Don't be afraid to wear bright colored items in your closet and pair them with tights and a sweater. The fun floral pattern and pastel colors brought me temporarily out my funk; even though these pictures were taken on a morning when it was a mere 19 degrees.  


What He Says:

Ah, the sacrifices we make for this fashion blog.  Not pictured: me behind the camera wearing a warm coat and hat.  

I have to admit that it was a nice little pick-me-up seeing Allie in this skirt.  Warm thoughts raise the perceived temperature by, what, five degrees?  I'm no scientist, but I guarantee that is a factual statement.  Historically, I am not a fan of tights…especially some of those over the top patterned versions…but I'll make an exception here.  Know why?  It's a rare example where function (keeping your legs warm) actually takes priority over fashion.

1 comment:

  1. Why the down on tights bro? They look nice and it's way better than pants!!

    Very nice outfit and you guys are fun commenting on this stuff together.

    ReplyDelete