2/4/14

The Search For The Perfect Concealer

What She Says:

Lately, I have been on a quest to find the best concealer; one that will not crease under the eye when covering dark circles and it must cover up redness and blemishes without looking "cakey".  The holy grail of concealer basically.  This quest has meant that I will try almost any concealer out there, and I have put many to the test. 


Surprisingly, and much to Joe's dismay I am sure, there are several more on my list to try.  

I may have come really close when it comes to a drugstore find with Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer.  I recently discovered this and it seems to be most everything that I am looking for.  Amazing coverage, doesn't grab on to dry patches, and works well all over the face including under the eye.



I also still find myself turning to my Physician's Formula Youthful Wear concealer for under the eye.  It's a two step process including a yellow toned product to help with dark circles (a particular issue of mine).  It also creates a brightening effect which I really like.








I use several of the other concealers pictured above and each does have it's pros and cons.  You can check out my Luvocracy page to view my favorites in this collection and easily shop these products if you want to talk the plunge.

What are your favorite concealers?  Did you find your holy grail?  I would love more options to try!


What He Says:

What?!  Your skin is not uniformly unblemished at all times?!  OUR MARRIAGE IS A LIE!!!

Look, it is not very easy to make snarky comments about concealer.  Until five minutes ago, I didn't even know this was a category of makeup.  Is it like powder...but liquid?  Here's a quiz for the guys out there:  try to name five types of makeup (no googling allowed).  There's lipstick, eye liner, mascara, blush, umm…lotion?  Aren't there some pencil things out there?  You see?  It's not easy.

OK, back to the concealer.  I am pretty sure I speak for the entirety of my gender when I say that the best makeup is nearly invisible.  If you insist on wearing something to cover up blemishes, at least make it inconspicuous.  Honestly, I'd rather look at a zit than a big blob of Bisquick stuck to my wife's face.  I mean, we all have imperfections, right?  For example, one of my forearms is 1/4" larger in circumference than the other.  I don't even know how I get out of bed some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment