1/15/14

The "New" Suit

Turtleneck, Vest, Skirt, and Boots (all purchased for me over the years by Wardrobe Therapy); Belt from ASOS - similar version found here--> (ASOS); Jewelry (David Yurman, Henri Bendel, Thread)


What She Says:

Having a classic item in your wardrobe, like a simple black skirt, means endless possibilities when dressing for work.  An all black ensemble paired with a jacket or blazer is always a great option.  This time, I chose to break up the black with a neutral vest and create more of a waist with a this awesome gold belt from ASOS.  


What He Says:

I am tempted to revisit the "Dieter" reference from a prior post…but shall refrain.  This outfit  had the potential to look like a Johnny Cash castoff, but the vest thingy brightens it up.  I have no idea why, but Allie was convinced that I was going to rake this outfit over the coals.  Not so!  It looked even better in person than this picture suggests.  Perhaps she was having a good hair day.  I still struggle a little with the whole "belt with no loops" look, but clearly this is a trend with staying power.

No comments:

Post a Comment