12/10/13

Black + White

Turtleneck (old - gifted from Gena, similar here); Skirt (old - Banana Republic and purchased by Wardrobe Therapy, love this leather look version here); Vest (gifted from Mandy and from Forever 21, similar here); Boots (Michael Kors and purchased by Wardrobe Therapy, similar here)




What She Says:

Warning…if you go shopping with me, I may pick out items for you to buy that I secretly love for myself.  Such was the case for poor Mandy when I made her try on this vest and then told her that she must buy it.  A few weeks later it landed on my front porch.  Aren't girlfriends the best?  You can make them buy something, but they somehow know you really wanted it so they end up gifting it to you.  My goal was to show her how cute this item could really be and then force her to share it with me.  Layering pieces can sometimes feel bulky or potentially un-flattering.  Keeping the color scheme to black helps to make this look feel streamlined and the pop of white keeps it classic.


What He Says:

Whoa, whoa, whoa…stop the clock.  Did my wife just strong-arm someone into a purchase with hopes or…dare I suggest, expectations…that she would eventually own the item?  What a sneak!  I am now reflecting on our last decade of shopping together.  Has this ever happened to me?  Hmm...Allie doesn't wear my clothes.  She doesn't covet my guitars or my golf clubs.  I guess I'm safe.

So back to the vest.  I like it!  It looks cool.  It has kind of a fleecy lining, so it looks comfortable, too.  My appreciation of "safe" colors (black, white, gray, blue) is well-documented in this blog.  So now I'm kinda wondering why Mandy gave it up.  It's not too racy for a mother of three.  She's roughly the same height as Allie, so the fit should also suit her.  I don't get it.  Then again, if I understood how the female brain operated, I would be a very, very rich, happy, and content man.  

What if she sees this blog and decides she WANTS THE VEST BACK?!  Friends, we may have the makings of a full-on catfight.  Video footage will be posted on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment