11/12/13

Travel Uniform

Sweater (Ya Los Angeles - purchased in Austin); T-Shirt (Everlane); Leggings (lululemon); Boots (London Rebel - old, similar style here on sale!); Scarf (Gifted); Jewelry (David Yurman, Henri Bendel)


What She Says:

When you travel as much as we do, comfort is key.  A "go to" travel uniform is something I have curated after much trial and error.  Planes often get cold so I always make sure that my legs are covered.  Layers are great for shifting temperatures, and a cozy sweater gives me the feeling of being wrapped in a blanket.  I always wear or bring a scarf for extra warmth or to double as a pillow.  Closed toe flat shoes are preferred, and when wearing boots make sure you can easily get them on and off; a seasoned traveller never holds up the security line.  These boots are perfect because they have a zipper down the back, so no need to untie and re-tie laces.  What is your "go to" travel uniform?


What He Says:

This is a pretty snappy outfit.  And no wearable neck-pillow!  

I'd like to bring your attention to the Navajo-inspired sweater.  I actually used to have a button down flannel in a print that was almost exactly like that...back in 1994.  Allie recently dug it out of the back of the closet...and now she wears it in all of it's size XL, Express for Men glory.

OK, back to this ensemble.  I'm no expert...nor do I play one on TV...but this get-up would look good just about anywhere.  Trip to the mall?  No problem.  Casual lunch?  You got it.  Need to keep your papoose warm?  Fashionable AND functional!

5 comments:

  1. Size XL? Were you a really fat kid or just into the whole Kriss Kross FUBU oversized clothes thing? Come to think of it, maybe you can re-purpose that exact shirt into a teepee as well. Travel clothing and shelter in one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a gentleman who appreciates the fairer sex, the early 90's were brutal for fashion. Girls wore mom jeans, size XL flannels, and baseball caps. Guys just wore everything 2 sizes too big. It's amazing anyone got laid.

      Delete
  2. LOVE IT! The boots and the sweater were made for each other!! You're that chick I see at the airport and think to myself, "Damn her for being so cute!" while I'm in my sweats and a baseball hat ;)

    ReplyDelete