10/9/13

Harem

Jacket (old - H&M); Blouse (purchased for me by Wardrobe Therapy); Pants (Zara); Heels (Calvin Klein - purchased for me by Wardrobe Therapy)



What She Says:

I saw it in his eyes when I came down that morning, and I can almost hear it in the content of the post he will most surely write.  Harem style pants...he can't stand them.  However, a "dressy" version of a casual style pant is in.  I even saw leather jogging pants are being sold at Thread here in town!  I am currently craving this non leather version of the trend from J. Crew.  To tone down a more trendy pant, try pairing it with classic items on top.  I chose a blouse in a similar fabric and a blazer.  



What He Says:

I understand that fashion trends are cyclical.  I also understand that I am old enough to see the second coming of many trends, now from the late 80's.  That being said, not every fashion trend is obligated make a return appearance.  My rule of thumb: if a particular trend was mocked or reviled after it first went out of style, then it probably isn't worth repeating (I'm looking at you, bell bottoms).  These trousers, apparently from the Stanley Kirk Burrell Collection, fall into that category.  Also on the list?  High-waisted acid-washed jean shorts.  I was at the ACL Festival last weekend, and every girl under age 25 was wearing them.  Awful.

2 comments:

  1. Those high wasted acid-washed jean shorts are turrible....

    http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/leiasparents2/turrible.jpg

    ReplyDelete