1/31/13

What I Wear: Weekend "Repeat"

Poor re-enactment of of the pose from this post
Sweater (old,Forever 21); Pants (Zara - similar style here); Boots (ASOS - similar pair here, and also seen here)


Necklace (purchased at Thread); Pattern bangle (gifted by my boss)

What She Says:

When you are in the midst of a busy weekend (dinners, parties, house guests!), it's nice to know that you have easy options that you can mix and match and wear more than once.  I don't know about you, but I need to be able to wear an item multiple ways.  If at all possible, my workwear needs to be able to transition to weekend.  This simple top from Forever 21 is an example of just that.  It has a bell sleeve which makes it a bit "fancier" than just a plain crew neck sweater, which makes it transition to the weekend and not feel so "office".  The camo pants are on repeat from my shooting excursion last month.

What He Says:

Well, I just learned what a bell sleeve is, so this post has already been educational.  That being said, let's hope that is the last time I ever use "bell sleeve" in a sentence.  

I think the camo pants are cool, but I question their durability.  My wife has a bad habit of grabbing her pants by the beltloops and literally jumping up and down to hike them up.  This bad habit continued until one of the beltloops ripped off, so now she just grabs the waistband.  Are they ill-fitting?  Are they made of some super-slick fabric?  Do they need a belt?  It's not like this stops Allie from wearing them despite the fact that - spoiler alert - she is not even in the military!  Although she was once a rogue mercenary for Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation.

8 comments:

  1. I literally just laughed out loud. "Rogue mercenary" Hah! Thank God my students are at lunch!

    I also just learned bell sleeve, and now, of course, I want one. Damn you, Allie!! I love the boots! But I think I've told you that before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had bell sleeves when I was in college so many years ago. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He didn't even mention the "pearls" and camo...but I believe he is a equal slave to fashion! I do love the look (and the boots). You're flexibility may be influenced by one minute you are here the next minute you're gone! You're very photogenic Allie and I think the photographer is doing an excellent job! Hey photographer....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guessed right! He is also a slave to fashion...don't let him fool you ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the sleeves on the top and necklace!! Straight leg jeans or jeggings would work for this look too. Fantastic look on you Allie as usual!

    ReplyDelete