2/5/13

What I Wear: Monogram It!


Monogrammed Shoe Clips (Accessory Concierge), Bag (Gucci - borrowed for picture from co-worker)




Peter Pan collar blouse (Forever 21); Crew neck sweater (Forever 21), Belt (Forever 21); Shoes (Calvin Klein); Skirt (Also seen here) *Photo by SAM
What She Says:

As soon as I saw these shoe clips on the Accessory Concierge Facebook page, I pounced.  Monogrammed shoe clips?  Are you kidding me?  I originally anticipated clipping them on to flats as I expected them to feel more casual.  Once they arrived, I realized that they paired perfectly with my gold toned "work" heels.  Since most of my opportunities to put an outfit together inevitably involve dressing for work, I love that a simple monogram can make even a work outfit more fun.  It's the little details that make all the difference.


What He Says:

Only Laverne DeFazio owns more monograms than my wife.  Necklace with letter "A" charm?  Check.  Shoe clips?  You've got the photographic evidence right here.  Cellphone case?  Yep.  It even extends to Christmas ornaments and other random letters strategically placed throughout the house.  I assure you, there is no chance that our clothes will ever get mixed up in the wash, and yet Allie's wardrobe labels would have you believing that she is a soldier, pro athlete, or a mechanic.  On the other hand, I'd rather she advertise her own brand, than say, "Pink."

7 comments:

  1. I love all your monograms! But to be honest, and maybe I'm having a blonde moment here, but the way the letters are ordered has always confused me. I mean, I guess it makes sense to have your last name letter be biggest in the middle, but in my head, it makes MORE sense for the middle name to be in the middle! Your initials, I like that in order (middle letter is last name), but as Ashley E. Arend, I'd be AAE. My monogram would look more like yours, and be prettier if I kept my middle name in the middle, AEA. IS that "allowed??"

    Anyways, I'm kinda rambling! You rock the 'grams and I'll keep promoting PINK (suck it, Joe!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an expert on all topics and can field your question. On a monogram were all letters are uniform in size, it is traditional to order the initials first, middle, last (the symmetrical AEA, in your case). If the monogram "features" a center initial in a larger font, then it is typically ordered first, last, middle (AAE). No matter which option you choose, you're going to look you're advertising a sorority.

      Delete
  2. Nothing wrong with this! I am obsessed with my initials on stuff! And I am soooo going after these shoe clips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never really sure about skinny belts and big belt loops. Any rules to follow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only rule that I consistently follow is no "self belts"...meaning, if a belt comes with an item I throw it away and wear one of my own, regardless of the size. A contrasting color or pattern adds more to the look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the shoes. laughing at joe's comments....sorry, girl, but he's funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apology necessary! I also know a few Knock Knock jokes.

      Delete