2/8/13

What I Wear: Packing List



What She Says:

My job often requires travel...which means that I have had to get really good at packing.  I want to maximize the space allowed with a carry-on bag, but feel like I have options available.  The same holds true with weekend travel.  It's only a couple of days so you want to feel as though you are traveling light, but at the same time prepared for what the weekend could bring.  My advice: take the time to be thoughtful and lay out your clothes.  I try to think in terms of day versus night...keeping in mind the need for comfortable shoes, a nice outfit for dinner out, and a few pieces that can mix and match.  The example above represents a recent packing list for a weekend in Las Vegas.  

1. A pretty blouse like this and leather skirt like this for dinner (I could not decide between necklaces)
2. A neutral jacket like this
3. A neutral heel
4. A fun t-shirt (I learned how to "distress"mine here)
5. A comfy flannel
6. Black denim (also seen here)
7. Flats ($19 on clearance at DSW!)
8. Feminine blouse (I am dreaming about this one)


What He Says:

I also visited Vegas over the weekend...and the craps tables were loose!  This kid wearing an Adrian Peterson jersey must have held the dice for 40 minutes, just hitting point after point after point.  Toward the end of his turn, I was screaming "ALL DAY!" after every successful roll and making awkward high-five/fist-bumps with the other guys at the table.  It was awesome!

Oh yeah, the clothes.  Don't let the "light packing" description fool you.  My wife's three-wheeled suitcase is still swollen and heavy.  It's not the clothes so much as the products.  She brings a bag full of products, along with a second bag full of both products and tiny bags...full of miniature products.  To give you perspective, this woman keeps twelve (TWELVE!) different bottles of I-don't-know-what in the shower, so hair/face/skincare products are pretty key.  But I am not here to bust chops.  This was a great trip...and the craps tables?  LOOSE!

2 comments:

  1. When we call the taxi service to take us to the airport, I imagine they play a game of straw to see who has to pick us up. My suitcase has injured a few backs in its day!

    ReplyDelete