2/11/13

What I Wear: Affordable Fancy




Dress (Target); Belt (Gap); Booties (BCBG)

What She Says:

Sometimes you just need to wear something fancy and floral to improve your mood.  I have been fighting a cold for the past week and not feeling especially cute, so the fact that I could throw on this easy and comfortable dress and still feel pulled together, makes dressing for work that much easier.  Throw in the fact that this dress was on sale for...wait for it...$14.99?  It made answering the inevitable question from my husband of "Oh babe...is that new?" a breeze!  The tie detail at the top means that you don't even need to worry about a necklace.  I mean, it's the dress that keeps on giving people!  I can't claim to be the style genius who found this diamond in the rough.  My friend and mentor The Boston Fashionista found it first and wore it on her blog here.


What He Says:

Is it possible to walk into Target and not spend $100?  Just this weekend, I went in to buy a new toothbrush (granted, it was an Oral-B Pulsar two pack), and I walked out $50 poorer and with a Target REDcard application in my hand.  I mean, the entire store is one giant impulse purchase...and they strategically place women's clothing right by the store entrance.  Bastards!  We could be stopping at Target to buy a garden rake, and my wife will pull the old "I'm just going to take a quick look..." before disappearing into a few racks of Mossimo separates and Champion sportswear.  Then again, I'd rather Allie satisfy her shopping impulses at Target than, say, Saks Fifth Avenue.

2 comments:

  1. Joe... you actually said, "Mossimo separates"... what is your world coming to?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you log as many hours in Target as I do, you start to notice things. But yeah, I still sound pretty femme.

    ReplyDelete