1/17/13

What I Wear: Weekend "Royalty"







Sweater (Banana Republic - Old, similar style here); Camo Skinny Pants (Zara - pictured below); Boots (J Crew - old, similar style pictured below)


What She Says:

The picture didn't turn out quite like I expected which drives me crazy because I was so excited about this outfit!  A cozy black turtleneck sweater to provide warmth, camo pants that are ALL over the fashion blogs right now (see here, and here) and brown riding boots.  A great friend of mine suggested that I was going for the "Duchess Kate" look and she would be right.  When I heard skeet shooting my mind went to British royalty and so the outfit had to be perfect.  It is worth mentioning that I was deep in the heart of Texas and not the country just outside of London.

 
























What He Says:

Am I married to the only woman on earth whose first reaction to "we're going trap shooting" is "I am going to pick out the perfect outfit!"  I'd like to point out that I had never been to the shooting range before, and only fired a shotgun maybe 2 other times in my life.  I had a blast (buh-doom-pshh!) and hit 30 out of 50 targets...four more than my colleague, who is a former sniper.  I'm a modern-day Billy the Kid!  

Anyway, I struggle to see how black & gray camouflage pants seem appropriate for trap shooting.  Is she trying to make sure that the ceramic targets can't see her legs...assuming that we are standing in front of the Oakland Raiders offensive line?  But it's not my job to "make sense" of these wardrobe selections.  I think I'm just supposed to tell you whether I like them or not.  This is a cool outfit, but know that I am biased.  I bought Mrs. Mirror those riding boots from J. Crew four Christmases ago and she's STILL getting good use from them.  So I am motivated more by pride than anything.  I am oddly comfortable buying my wife boots, but not regular shoes.  That makes about as much sense as...wearing camo pants to the shooting range.

7 comments:

  1. Allie, You always look great . Joe, on the otherhand, maybe not so much!! Just kidding.Always glad to see you both on our trips to Columbus. Keep up the great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh...I love those camo pants! Way cooler than the ones I used to wear in the 90s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you can pull anything off...I have seen it!

      Delete
  3. Came here by with of Amy...hilarious! Keep it up :)

    xo,
    Rachel

    http://feastoffashions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Looks like you have a few tricks up your sleeve as well! ;) Loving your style!

      Delete
  4. So I've been thinking about it and I want you to help me find a cute pair of boots like this! I can't afford J. Crew, but I'm sure we can find something close!!

    ReplyDelete