1/13/13

What I Wear: Navy and Black



Blazer: Zara (linked below); Woven: Banana Republic; Striped T-Shirt (H&M); Skirt: Banana Republic; Booties (BCBG); Belt: Gap; Necklace (Accessory Concierge); Sunglasses: Chloe (Saks Outlet)


What She Says:

I never had to worry about what I wore to school.  The beauty of a Catholic school upbringing meant that from first grade through high school...my outfits were chosen for me.  College was the 90's...so it was flannel, baseball hats, and vests...lots of oversized vests.  I love the chance to dress for work and pick out something that is professional but hopefully not boring.  However, sometimes entering my closet in the morning I struggle to get inspired.  So this time, I decided to play with the navy and black trend, jazz it up with some stripes, and throw on my new favorite blazer from Zara



What He Says:

Navy and black are a trend?  Sweet!  Those colors make up 75% of my wardrobe!

Confession: I think women who dress smartly in work attire are hot!  Maybe I watched a few too many episodes of Melrose Place (helloooo, Heather Locklear!) or Ally McBeal (helloooo, Portia DeRossi!) back in the day, but you can't have a naughty office-worker fantasy if the object of your affections is dressed like a schlump.

So, does this outfit work for me?  I think so.  It's not Amanda Woodward's mini-skirt, but I want my wife to look professional, not trashy.  We both work for an IT firm, not an advertising company or a lingerie retailer, so a little bit of effort goes a long way.  I like the stripes, I like the boots, and I like the contrasting colors.  I'll never quite understand belts without belt loops, but that's for another rant.

5 comments:

  1. omg, i love this blog idea AND the outfit. can't wait for more. i'm even going to share this one with my dear (and fashion challenged wth circa 1997 closet) husband. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog!!! Keep going!! It's such a unique concept. I'm going to be looking for more. And I LOVE the outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog.
    You two are so skilled. Allie fashion has savvy, and Joe, humor savvy.

    ReplyDelete