1/28/13

What I Wear: "Proper" Work Attire and DIY!


Sweater (Forever 21), Skirt (Banana Republic (old)), Tights (Hue), Booties (Me Too - DSW), Watch (Michele), Bracelets (David Yurman, Tiffany)

What She Says:

The collar on this Forever 21 sweater (around $25) was just too sweet to pass up.  I knew that I would be able to pair it with so many items in my closet; jeans, skirts, under blazers (similar type of item here).  It has taken me a while to get out of the "this goes with that only" mode.  It's so much more fun to try different items together, to then discover your closet is filled with options!  If you are a DIY kind of gal (I am NOT), feel free to click here to watch a tutorial from Ingrid (missglamorazzi).  She walks you through a seemingly easy and inexpensive way to make your own collar, worn as a necklace with sweaters or t-shirts.  Think of the options!


What He Says:


I am thinking of the options, and none of them are particularly appealing.  I am old enough to remember when the high-collared "schoolmarm" look was first popular (psst - it was the 80's).  I didn't care for it then, so I'm not particularly jazzed for it now.  What's next?  Shoulder pads?  Jams?  Zubaz?  I mean, if fashion is truly cyclical, then we are THIS close to grunge 2.0, girls wearing oversized flannels with overalls (only one clasp fastened, of course), and guys dressing like this.  There is an upside, I guess.  The high neckline gives my wife superhuman strength.  Look at how she effortlessly holds that wall up!

5 comments:

  1. I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Color Me Badd reference? Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then I followed up with a Janet Jackson reference. Probably showing my age, eh?

      Delete
  3. Aw, come on, Joe! She looks gorgeous and you know it. ;-) But, then I'm biased - majorly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think that's a pretty good pic, too. If Allie herself was the subject of the blog, though, all my loving praise would become boring (and gross) to you readers.

      Delete