1/24/13

What I Wear: Black Denim Weekend


Denim (Black Orchid from Thread); T-shirt (Target); Scarf (Thread); Pleather jacket (Forever 21); Belt (Forever 21); Boots (ASOS); Bag (Marc By Marc Jacobs); "A" Necklace (Thrifted in Westerville); Sunglasses (Chloe)
What She Says:

Whether you are headed out to run errands and meet friends for lunch (as we were), or attending your child's sporting event, simple pieces like black denim and a white t-shirt are made a bit more special when you add a motorcycle jacket (the new black cardigan in my opinion) and a colorful scarf.  Throw on a biker-inspired boot in a contrasting color and your look is complete.  My go-to place to shop in Columbus for one-of-a-kind items is Thread on Grandview.  They carry all of the best denim (they happen to be having a special denim sale event right now) and tons of other accessories, like this scarf, that are sure to bring your look together.  Believe it or not, I needed a scarf-tying tutorial to achieve this look...it wasn't as easy for me as it looks.

What He Says:

"Man, you look kinda hot.  You know we're just going to a casual Venezuelan restaurant for lunch."  Needless to say, I was not nearly as dolled-up.  Then again, it isn't my mug being plastered all over a fashion blog, either.  

I have always told my wife that blondes look great in black leather and I am confident that most of my male brethren will agree.  Too bad she dyed her hair this brownish ombre melange (just kidding, babe!).  Mrs. Mirror hates birds, and yet here they are printed all over her scarf.  That's analogous to me wearing a Cleveland Browns jersey "because it looks good."  But if it keeps her neck and collarbone warm, more power to her.  It's not like she also sat through a six-minute video to figure out how to tie it in five different knots.  Oh, wait...

The final piece I want to focus upon is the Marc Jacobs bag.  Why?  Because I picked it out all by myself!  OK, the saleswoman at Nordstrom helped a little.

15 comments:

  1. Love this outfit!! I'd love it if the motorcycle jacket would be the new black cardigan, I'm definitely searching for a pretty jacket. Yours looks gorgeous!

    X Saskia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saskia! I am sure you will pull it off :)

      Delete
  2. Looking good as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie and Joe, you make me smile each blog post I read!!
    Loving your take Joe.. and Allie, you look fabulous.. even if you don't like birds =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You are my inspiration! :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, now that I think of it, I may have had some additional "help" making clothes/accessories purchases for Allie. :)

      Delete
  4. You look mah-velous!! And you write well, too.;-) A beautiful and exemplary marriage is on display, as well. Take note, blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, Venezuelan food... Did you get the capybara?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually forget...but it was yummy :)

      Delete
    2. The only thing Allie fears more than birds is capybaras (and their rodent cousins). You will not see them on a scarf anytime soon.

      Delete
  6. I freaking love this outfit! I have a very similar pair of brown boots that all too often, I wear folded down. You have inspired me to wear them "up" more often!

    ReplyDelete