4/3/15

Weekend Wear


Dress (Zara - last season); Jacket (Forever 21 - old); Booties (Purchased at Thread)



What She Says:

I purchased this sweater dress with the intention of wearing it to work.  It is super comfortable and flattering even though it is tight fitting.  I tried it on for Joe and got the look from him that suggested it wasn't appropriate in a work setting.  Instead of returning it, I threw it on for a recent night out for dinner and drinks.  The chain collar of the dress gives this classic shape a bit of an edge which I like, as does pairing it with a leather jacket and booties.


What He Says:

I would not endorse working with your spouse.  A wise man once said, "you don't dip your pen in company ink."  And I think we all know what "pen" means (the rest of this comment has been stricken by the editor).  

The line between sexy and work-appropriate is not just fine, but fluid.  In theory, it shouldn't matter what a woman (or man) wears to work as long as she has a neat appearance.  Just because a woman wears something form-fitting or low-cut to work doesn't mean she's "asking" to be leered at.  But there's also no need to play up one's sexuality when your job is all about your brain.  Look, I don't even like talking about this lightning rod of a topic.  I feel like I'm going to get a call from HR.

Yes, this dress definitely accentuates the curves, and on the weekend that's a good thing.  Also, if you quickly scroll back and forth between these two photos, you'll notice that only Allie's mouth moves.  She was locked in on that pose!

No comments:

Post a Comment