3/20/15

Weekend Wear

Lace top (Thread); Denim (Frame - purchased at Thread); Blazer (J Brand - gifted from AV); Boots (Michael Kors - purchased by Wardrobe Therapy); Necklace (Stella and Dot - Brittany Hauptman, Stylist)
Artwork by Joey Shannon





What She Says:

My younger sister sent me a text recently asking me if it was okay to wear distressed denim when you were "almost 40".  I had to laugh given that I am actually over 40 and had just a few days earlier purchased this distressed pair of denim at Thread.  I say go for it!  I love to wear "fancier" pieces with more casual items to bring some edge to my outfit.  Perfect for date night!


What He Says:

This is one of those trends that does not cross gender lines.  For example, I have "distressed"  a couple pairs of jeans on my own.  Are they considered cool?  No, they're considered holy, disheveled, and mildly embarrassing.  Or so I am told.  Well, you win some, you lose some.  At least I get to pee standing up.

I like Allie's outfit.  It's pretty hot.  With all of these outfits that are "perfect for date night," I guess I'd better get to scheduling more dates, eh?  And hey, let's give it up for my homeboy Joey Shannon and his artwork!  His creative process includes getting drunk and kicking his front door in, so you know it's authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment