9/4/13

White Peplum


Blouse (Forever 21); Pants (BCBGMAXAZARIA - purchased for me by Elizabeth); Wedges (old - purchased for me by Elizabeth); Sunnies (gifted from Ashley)

Necklace (Bauble Bar - Courtney Kerr)


What She Says:

A crisp white blouse and a well fitting pant is essential to any wardrobe.  Unfortunately, I was lacking both.  Elizabeth and Wardrobe Therapy to the rescue with this royal blue pant (now on sale from $138 for $44!).  I would have walked right by this item, but she spotted it and off to the dressing room we went.  The pants are lightweight and completely comfortable...almost like wearing sweatpants!  The blouse was a find during one of my many trips to Forever 21.  For under $18 it is a steal and could also be paired with skinny jeans or a pencil skirt.


What He Says:

Except that I have no idea what "peplum" is, I can find no fault with this ensemble.  I wholeheartedly agree that everyone, male or female, should own at least one crisp, white, button-down shirt.  It's up there with underwear and flip-flops as a wardrobe staple.

Despite the appeal of an $18 blouse, please don't feel compelled to shop at Forever 21.  When I step into that store, I am never more acutely aware that I am NOT forever 21.  If anything, they should call it Temporarily 50 because it takes ten years off my life.  Merchandise is thrown to and fro as co-eds ravage the store like a plague of locusts...when they're not busy texting each other.  I know this review makes me sound like a bitter old curmudgeon, but judging the looks of the more "mature" shoppers, my sentiment is shared by anyone over 25.  To be fair, there are great deals in store, but it's like surviving a prison riot just to get through checkout.  Caveat emptor!

2 comments:

  1. You just said "curmudgeon" and "Caveat emptor!" in the same post.

    Slow. Clap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you had me at "almost like wearing sweatpants" i'll take two please!

    ReplyDelete