9/10/13

Easton Fashion Night!

Photo courtesy of Easton Town Center
Top (ASOS - similar in peplum here); Camo Skinnies (Zara - old, similar version here); Necklace (Accessory Concierge); Watch (Henri Bendel - gifted from my brother)

What She Says:

It was our first official outing as Two Way Mirror!  The husband and wife blogging duo!  Okay, maybe it wasn't that big of a coming out party, but posing on the pink carpet sure was fun.  Easton Town Center, in partnership with Capital Style, hosted Easton Fashion Night last Thursday.  We found ourselves mingling among models who were walking the "runway", listening to a DJ spinning tunes, posing on a pink carpet, and heading home with giveaways...it was fall fashion like I have never experienced, much less in Columbus.  What I liked most about the showcase was that everyone and everything was approachable.  My two favorite features were looks that all of us can pull off, and got me thinking about my own fall wardrobe needs.

Prints were all over the runway at Easton and this week in NYC for Fashion Week.  I have already jumped on the trend as you see here.  A geometric print dress is definitely on the list.  Paired with a blazer and booties, I could see wearing this to the office as well as for a night out as styled below.



Animal prints are here to stay!  You will find them in sweatshirts, pants, shoes, blazers, and trousers.  I loved the trend represented in this simple, yet edgy look.  Elizabeth from Wardrobe Therapy purchased an animal print sheath for me last fall.  I will be looking to add to my wardrobe this fall in the form of an animal print shoe or pant.



I have talked at length, to anyone who will listen, about my love for Wardrobe Therapy.  5 1/2 years ago, Joe purchased their services for me as a birthday gift.  Little did we know that it would spark a passion within me, and they literally brought me back to life.  

Elizabeth and Christy were in attendance at Easton Fashion Night educating us on fall trends and providing styling tips.  Please take my advice and give them a call.  It is so not intimidating, they will work with your budget, and you will feel like a celebrity when they are working with you.  Husbands, take note.  By the way, they provide styling services for men too!

Christy and Elizabeth of Wardrobe Therapy

What He Says:

Tip o' the cap to anyone who has made it this far down the page.  As you can tell, Allie was very excited by our little field trip.  What's that?  Well, my shirt is by Hugo Boss and my chinos are Banana Republic, thanks for asking.  I confess that just about every shirt I own was at the cleaners that day, so I really had no other options.  Wah-waahhh!

I have learned that there is more fashion "depth" in Columbus than I'd have ever noticed.  Enough that fashion events like this one can generate quite a bit of excitement and publicity.  Not only do we have a CMH Fashion Week, we have an Alternative Fashion Week!  I mean, I'm probably not going to sacrifice a ton of football-watching for this stuff, but I think it's pretty cool that Columbus can sustain this kind of creativity.

I second the Wardrobe Therapy recommendation.  Who wouldn't want to party, err...work with those girls!  I didn't know what I was getting into when I gave Elizabeth's services as a gift several years ago, but they are worth every penny.  Too look good is to feel good, and Wardrobe Therapy did wonders for Allie's self-esteem.  Elizabeth also helped me step up my game with my workday attire...and now I own Google (the search engine, not the company)!

4 comments:

  1. i'm running out to get a pair of camo skinnies - CA-UTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I only read this blog for Joe's writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ming! That's why you are my favorite reader.

      Delete