8/26/13

What To Wear - Business Travel


Jacket (H&M - old); T-Shirt (purchased from Thread - courtesy of Nikki); Bracelet (purchased from Thread); Necklace (vintage - purchased from Cottage Street); Pants (Banana Republic - old); Passport Case (J. Crew - gifted from Joe)


What She Says:

First, "selfie" shoot fail.  Not sure what angle I was going for here.  I don't know how The Boston Fashionista makes it look so effortless.

Business travel to Montreal may sound glam, but in reality it is a grind.  I have found that comfort is key when traveling for business to endure small seats and potential delays, but you have to be ready for anything once you land.  In this case, drinks and a late dinner in a chic city with a colleague.  

Go for bottoms with plenty of stretch for comfort, a layering piece like this comfortable yet stylish t-shirt from Thread (new second location!), a light but tailored jacket, and simple jewelry that is easy to pull on and off when going through security.  In the warmer months, stash a pair of socks in your bag to throw on your bare feet while your shoes pass through the x-ray!

What He Says:

I'm glad this topic came up.  I will be the first to admit that the current state of the airline industry is poor, but there was a time when it was considered a glamorous way to travel.  With smaller seats, reduced legroom, and an increased likelihood of delays, I can empathize with the urge to dress comfortably when traveling by plane...but that doesn't have to mean Juicy sweats, flip-flops, and a neck pillow.  Allie is totally dressed for comfort here, and yet I wouldn't be ashamed to be wedged into Economy Class with her.

Note to Allie: let's skip the "selfies" on the blog from now on.  I'm no Annie Leibowitz, but I can do better than this off-center trainwreck   And what are you doing with your passport?  Please tell me this is not how you present it at Customs.

4 comments:

  1. That's a special kind of Passport stamp! Next time Joe is away, call me! I'll help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the informative and timely post, Allie! I'm about to embark on a bit o' the international business travel myself! Do you have any suggestions for not looking homeless in the presence of co-workers on a 9 hour, overnight flight?

    -AG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I?!?! The stretchy fabric pant is a must...you want to feel comfortable and covered up as those flights tend to get chilly. Ditch the shoes in favor of a pair of socks, and instead of risking it with the airline blanket, bring an oversized cardigan or large scarf that can be used as a blanket and will look great. A 3 fluid ounce bottle with water and a few drops of tea tree oil will work both as a mister to refresh the face but will also naturally help kill bacteria.

      Delete
    2. Wow, that is much better than my advice. I was just going to say "wear pants."

      Delete