8/19/13

Caribbean Chic



Dress (purchased from Thread - courtesy of Nikki); Shoes (purchased from Thread); Bracelet (purchased from Thread); Bangle Watch (Henri Bendel - gifted from my brother)


What She Says:

Noticing a theme?  If you think that I have a Thread addiction, you would be correct.  There is no better place in Columbus to purchase quality and difficult to find clothing that is consistently on trend, yet classic and comfortable.  It's the holy grail, really.  Casual, cocktail, shoes or jewelry - you will find it there and trust me, everyone will ask "where did you get that?"

I can't take credit for this dress that I wore recently for a "Caribbean Night" themed event.  My friend Nikki snatched this up for me (along with a few other pieces).  Even if you don't feel the need to splurge a bit on a dress for "Caribbean Night" (right Mandy?) I could also see this dress taken into fall with boots and cardigan or fitted blazer.


What He Says:

Caribbean Night is when guys put on loud print shirts, cargo shorts, and flip flops.  Certain ladies, on the other hand (and you know who I mean), like to bring things up a level or two.  And I'm fine with that.  I'd actually prefer to be overdressed than underdressed.  Do you think a fancy dress stopped my wife from, say, chugging a shot of vodka that was poured down an ice luge?  Child, please.  Nobody puts my Caribbean Queen in a corner!  

(side note: did you know that Billy Ocean has his own VEVO channel on You Tube?  Apparently that's where you go if you really need to watch Calypso Crazy, Love Zone, and When The Going Gets Tough... in succession)

2 comments:

  1. Great post and Allie you look gorgeous, as usual.:) But Joe...really? How can you leave out Billy Ocean's BEST song? That of course, would be "Loverboy" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryJ4rFRq8pA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, his best song is "Get Outta My Dreams (and Get Into My Car)" if just for being an awful 80's reference. I would have also accepted "Suddenly."

      Delete