7/16/13

Paisley

Dress (ASOS); Booties (Old Navy - similar here); Belt (Forever 21); Necklace (Accessory Concierge); Bag (Marc by Marc Jacobs - gifted from Joe)




What She Says:

What is that old saying, "everything old is new again"?  Am I really at the age where the items that were cool in my childhood are considered in?  I don't think I will ever be breaking out the full neon ensemble from the 80's and I never was a fan of the overalls from the 90's.  However, paisley prints are something I can get behind.  An easy and comfortable summer dress should definitely be in your closet.  I loved this one from ASOS because the print is bold and the "swing" shape means I can wear it belted or let it hang loose if I am feeling the need for more room.   



What He Says:

I don't know what Allie is talking about.  I am way too young to be remembering any 80's neon.  It's not like I made a Mork and Mindy joke last week (I did; no one got it).

Anyway, paisley was a big deal when I was in high school.  I recall that at least a couple of my uniforms were finished with a paisley necktie.  But when it went out of style, it went WAY out of style...and quickly.  It was a fashion punchline the same way bell-bottoms, parachute pants, and Hypercolor once were (or still are).  I have to admit that I am surprised to see paisley's resurgence...and even more surprised that it looks this good!

No comments:

Post a Comment