3/12/13

Color Coordinated

Blazer (Zara- similar version here) Blouse (Forever 21 - old); Bottoms (Banana Republic - similar version here); Shoes (DSW - similar and much cooler version here); Necklace (Accessory Concierge); Bracelet (Purchased at Thread)



What She Says:

Given that I was in middle school in the 80's, I have lived through the neon fad once before.  If you weren't wearing neon then you just weren't cool.  The trend is all the way back and huge for Spring (see a few of my style icons rocking neon here and here).  This time around I won't be rocking my old turquoise blue Keds, but I can justify pops of neon for the office when it is stylishly tamed with navy blue.


What He Says:

When I was a kid, "neon" was an adjective used to describe Deion Sanders.  It was also the color of your fat shoelaces.  Maybe a neon color or two appeared in your Jams or...God forbid...your Zubaz.  Girls were a little more into "extreme neon."  In middle school, I distinctly remember some girls sporting a neon sweatshirt/socks/hair bow combo, and the only "stylish taming" was a jean skirt.  Pretty hot stuff, right?  Compared to that memory, I didn't even realize that Allie's look incorporated any neon colors.  Then again, I'm not very observant.  Otherwise I'd have cropped that little pine tree out of the background of these pictures.

5 comments:

  1. YESSSS!!! I LOVE NEON!!! Finally, it's back! And I WILL be rocking turquoise blue keds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A neon retro fad only makes sense. According to my sources (Back to the Future II) in the year 2015 neon colors will more than dominate all fashion. It looks like this trend is getting started a little earlier than anticipated.

    ReplyDelete