3/7/13

Classic Inspiration


Turtleneck (Banana Republic - old); Cape (Calvin Klein - purchased for me by Wardrobe Therapy); Denim (Black Orchid - purchased at Thread); Heels (Sole Society); Bag (Baggallini - gifted by Rachel)

What She Says:

Is this pose a bit Mary Tyler Moore?  If you think so then that was the look I was going for...a little bit sixties with the slim pant and cape but with a touch of modern by wearing the oxblood colored shoes and bag.



Further proof that I am spiritually bonded with my best friends from college (cue the eye roll from Joe here), I happened to pull this look together the exact same week that my friend wrote about loving the style from this era in her blog, Goodies and Besties.  Who knew that Martha Stewart was once a fashion model?  It's also further proof that a classic look never goes out of style.


What He Says:

Oxblood?  I have never heard of that color.  These posts are surprisingly educational.  In fact, I think I have a candidate for Color of the Year 2014!  It's funny that Allie names Mary Tyler Moore as her fashion inspiration.  I saw the all-black outfit (sans cape) and thought she was perhaps emulating a certain German talk-show host.  Needless to say, my feedback was not welcome.  But hey - how 'bout that wacky pose?  I think someone is finally starting to feel comfortable in front of the camera!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It is amaze and wasn't very expensive!

      Delete
  2. i'm totally copying....single white female style, that's always classic right?

    joe, MTM is a total style icon....

    http://goodiesandbesties.blogspot.com/2011/01/going-classic-for-11.html

    ReplyDelete