3/1/13

Blue Weekend


Necklace (Accessory Concierge); Jacket (Forever 21); Top (Forever 21); Jeans (Black Orchid - purchased at Thread); Bag (Marc by Marc Jacobs - gifted from Joe)

What She Says:

Sometimes you just want dressing to be easy.  Black jeans, an easy jacket, and a pop of color...I seem to always gravitate towards blue.  Add a statement necklace and you are ready for a night out.  In this case a friend's birthday celebration in Cleveland.  I purchased this top at Forever 21 when I needed something to pair with shorts (shown below).  Just because it is February...and Ohio...doesn't mean you have to pack your summer clothes away.  Layer them under jackets, or if it is a dress, layer with tights like my friend The Boston Fashionista did in this post.  You just doubled your wardrobe.

Shorts (J CREW Factory); Shoes (Luxury Rebel - purchased at Thread)

This picture is credited to The Boston Fashionista shot while we were in Aspen, CO last summer for my sister's bachelorette party... I was envious of her bravery, in awe of her effortless style, and intrigued by her blog.  She graciously offered to let me play "fashion blogger model" and shot a few pics. 


What He Says:

I concur, my wife looks good in blue because it highlights her blue eyes (Hey, I just won 10 points on The Newlywed Game!).  In fact, the only colors I am confident in purchasing for her are black, brown, white, gray, and blue.  Blue is also my favorite color, so I'm on board with all of this.  The most revelatory aspect of this post is the "statement necklace."  I had never heard the term before.  Apparently it means "giant piece of inexpensive jewelry," thus statement necklaces fill an entire dresser drawer at our house.  In other news, Cleveland does indeed rock from time to time, even though their sports teams are pitiful.  I also endorse The Boston Fashionista because she is a cool chick...and wouldn't you rather take fashion advice from someone who is cool to hang out with instead of those dopes at US Magazine?

6 comments:

  1. The photos look great - especially the top one. Helloooooo new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - This makes me want to go back and sit in the hot tub with a lovely (free) bottle of Pinot... and shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not kidding!!! I need Aspen thrift in my life.

      Delete
  3. You're freaking adorable! I need more statement necklaces!

    ps...I love the 2nd photo. It really shows your bubbly personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! My photog made me very comfortable ;)

      Delete
  4. great photos, girl! i do sometimes forget to look at the summer side of my closet to incorporate some pop into my layering. thanks for the reminder.

    catching up on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete