2/26/13

Leopard Print, Two Ways

Leopard Sheath (Calvin Klein, purchased for me by Wardrobe Therapy);Blouse (Equipment - purchased at Thread); Belt (J CREW); Shoes (Calvin Klein - Old)

What She Says:

A print in itself can be a bit intimidating, let alone leopard print.  At first I didn't know how I should wear it beyond the way it was expertly styled for me by Elizabeth from Wardrobe Therapy (worn sleeveless with a purple cropped cardigan).  I have had this dress for over a year and had only worn it the way I was shown to wear it, and only to work...in New York City.  It was time to let this dress out of its cage!  I stumbled upon one of my favorite bloggers, Katie from Running on Happiness wearing a very similar dress paired with pieces that were very similar to items I already had in my closet.  I have to be honest that I probably never would have thought of this pairing on my own.  But I didn't stop there.  The picture below shows how I was able to turn this "work" dress in to a "weekend" dress.  Hopefully my attempts to tame this print inspire you to do the same.


Leopard Sheath (similar version here, on sale for $40!); Jacket (Forever 21 - also seen here); Turtleneck (Nordstrom - Old); Boots (BCBG - also seen here)

What He Says:

My wife asked me "is this leopard print or cheetah print?"  Honestly, I have no idea.  I haven't been to the zoo in years.  I am surprised to hear that this was considered a "work dress," though.  I assumed animal prints were worn by septuagenarian women while cruising the early-bird buffet specials in Las Vegas.  Or David Lee Roth.  But not my wife and NEVER to work.  This is why Allie is in charge of the "fashion" part of the fashion blog and I am in charge of the snarky comments.  But I ask you, dear reader, how would you feel if someone showed up to your place of business wearing the dress in exhibit A?  And what if your place of business was PETA?  Discuss.

4 comments:

  1. I love it both ways! The leather jacket is great with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! This leather jacket has been my "black cardigan". It goes with everything!

      Delete
  2. Both looks are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is great to finally feel like I have some versatility with this piece.

      Delete