2/18/13

What I Wear: The Color of the Year


Blouse (Banana Republic); Skirt (The Limited); Booties (BCBG)

What She Says:

The color of the year was revealed recently to be emerald (I heard about it via one of my favorite daily reads, The Pink Peonies).  I didn't even know there was a color of the year, that's how in the know I was.  Both of the items that I am wearing this week were purchased for me via Wardrobe Therapy...4 years ago.  I don't think we paired them together at the time, but it just goes to show that a bold color paired with a well structured item, like this skirt, never goes out of style.


What He Says:

Color of the year?  Who picks this?  Some secret color cabal?  President Obama?  Elton John?  And how, exactly, do we acknowledge this selection?  Call me a bad sport, but I'm not going out and buying anything emerald just because it was named COTY.  I take it the Color Congress does not just rotate through the eight basic Crayolas.  This suggests that burnt sienna, fuschia, fluorescent orange, and jaundice yellow will eventually be selected as color of the year.  Sorry, but I'm not buying.  Last time I checked, we didn't live in Communist Russia and I expect my colors to be elected by the people, for the people, and of the people.  So yeah, I'm voting for black.  Again.

1 comment:

  1. COLOR OF THE YEAR IS TOTALLY A THING. LAst year it was a tangerine color that I refuse to stop wearing even though it has handed over it's crown to emerald green :)

    ReplyDelete