4/29/15

Wear To Work Wednesday - Black Jumpsuit Part 1


Jumpsuit (ASOS - no longer available but I also like this one); Jacket (Old - purchased for me by Wardrobe Therapy); Shoes (Calvin Klein - old and almost on their way out!); Necklace (Stella and Dot)

What She Says:

If I could tell you to purchase one garment this season I would tell you to find a black jumpsuit.  Styled without the jacket, you could easily pop in for happy hour or head out to dinner with your partner or friends.  The cropped jacket pulls the look together for what I like to call the "not a suit, suit look".  I am not a fan of a typical business pantsuit as to me, they are rarely flattering.  Stay tuned to a future post where I styled this jumpsuit in a different way which proves it versatility!


What He Says:

I always thought jumpsuits were something worn by Cher or Fat Elvis.  Not to contradict Allie's fashion guidance, but isn't this garment impractical for, say, going potty?  On the upside, I guess your shirt never comes untucked.  And history tells us that the jumpsuit is "the ultimate fashion climax."  Yikes.

What's this?  A fashion cliffhanger?!  I can barely wait for the next blog post to see the versatile jumpsuit styled in  a radically different way!  I haven't been this anxious since that one Dukes of Hazzard episode that left the General Lee suspended mid-jump!  Oh, wait…that was every single episode.  See exhibit A…and exhibit B…and exhibit C...

No comments:

Post a Comment